Monday 21 May 2007

Genting Highlands Part 4

Alright, as promised, the last and final chapter of my trip to Genting Highlands! Well, remember that we left off at the Outdoor Amusement Park? Well then, it was time for dinner then! Had a buffet dinner at the Genting International Convention Centre, right beside the hotel. (Forgive me for the lack of photos, most of my photos were taken on-the-run, so they are either too blurry to be put up, or not there at all. =<) The lamb curry was good, but that was about it. Left as soon as they started putting singers on-stage, partly because the group decided to take off, and partly because those dimwits at the sound system pushed the volume and treble to the max, nearly breaking my eardrums in the process. Then it was time for some walks around the area. Luckily for us, Kwan Wen and Jeanette (one of the girls) had a friend from National Service days who happened to work in the area, and who graciously gave us a tour. (By the way, this was the same friend who held up our group earlier, but it wasn't actually her fault, it was "somebody's" lousy sense of giving directions...) So we went to the front of the Hotel to a very nice garden, where the next shots were taken...


Yeah, I still have a lot to learn, I know...=<>


Slept at 4.00, and woke up at 10.00, to start the second leg, the Indoor Theme Park! However, we did not buy tickets for the rides, as we considered them 'boring' compared to the ones outside... Anyway, scenery shots:


Yeah, slightly blur, I know... Anyway, a few points of interest: notice that there are a few landmarks here that look awfully familiar? Like the Big Ben and the Eiffel Tower? Apparently you are supposed to be able to spot a total of 9 international landmarks inside the mall, namely the Eiffel Tower, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Australia's Sydney Opera House, our very own Petronas Twin Towers, the Singapore Merlion, the Statue of Liberty, the Great Wall of China, Japan's Mount Fuji and the Taj Mahal. I personally think that it is a scam, and I back it up with photographic evidence:


I rest my case. Anyway, lucky Yeong Tai was given three free arrows to spend at the archery range, so off we went.... He even had basic instruction!
Nice photos for the missus, YT, maybe I'll pass them along to you... And as for his archery... Let's just say he could do better. Then it over to the more sophisticated side: the rifle range. Each of us did 20 shots, and I didn't do too bad. Yeong Tai, on the other hand... As I said, he could do better... After all that, it was back on the bus and back to BP, and my nice warm bed... Okay, before we end, some more points of interest in the mall... The much-acclaimed SkyVenture skydiving simulation centre, which we gawked at but did not try out because of monetary problems and the reticience of the girls...
And this... odd device which is part of a 'raree' show... You are supposed to sit in the benches, peer into the box courtesy of the red peek-holes, and see whatever is in there, accompanied by the sound of gongs and chimes produced by the puppet-master (or whatever he is called...). Again, financial matters and the language barrier prevented me from giving a better description...

Phew! Finally done! Thank you to all the bored (and the not-so-bored) readers out there who actually took the time to go through all my rubbish... Much appreciated. Oh, and to those wanting to go there for a holiday, DO NOT think that 30 bucks will get you through two days there. Trust me, it won't. My wallet is half-empty as of now, for obvious reasons. =<>

No comments: