Wednesday 30 April 2008

A Musty Den

Ah yes, finally I return to the den. Wait, why does it smell like it was abandoned? Oh yeah...



Sorry all, but I HAVE been so very busy with studies in medicine school that I really can't find the time to blog... Or even to go to the cyber cafe regularly (connections at college... sigh, let's not go there, shall we...) But now, with the first year behind me and 6 blissful weeks of holidays in front of me... Mwahahahahahahahaha =>



Anyway, updates! Finally got a new camera, with which I shall endeavour to capture some juicy moments of my time in university life... However, don't keep your hopes up too high, I can't guarantee you much...Anyway, in this course of time, I went to Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in Cheras (yes, my university has it's own hospital, duh!) => and the photos taken are below....







Alright, that is the building, HUGE... Took me a while before I could really find my way around the place... All wards look the same... Well, sort of. Anyway, Was clerking patients (nope, its the term for taking history [nope... Sigh, you get the idea]) for my Clinical Science module, supposedly an exposure into the world which I will end up in during the 3rd year onwards...



Had other outings during the semesters, one of which was the Khidmat Masyarakat (Community Service) project. Had a great time at FELDA, doing some clinical screenings for diabetes, a variety show, and so on and so forth...
A picture of the clinical booths we set up.... I was in charge of history taking, my 'foster brother' for the project was at blood pressure, Karen and some of the girls were at the BMI, blood glucose tests and such...



This was my group presentation, a singing presentation... Sang a medley of many songs, both english pop and some malay oldies, as well as some new ones. No, didn't win, thanks for asking...

And that will be my foster family during my stay. Really nice emak and abah, forever feeding us to the brim with my personal favourite, fried fish.. *licks lips*

Anyway, I also had what we call 'faculty night', attended by all members of my 1st year medicine faculty... But that I will write on in detail, in another post. Lolz... And so, the year passed, with new friends and new beginnings, new insights and new discoveries into the soul. Somehow, I feel it was a roller-coaster of sorts, but if I were given the chance, I'll go through it again. Thank You, God, for opening doors and leading me here. I am so blessed. :) Alright, enough babbling for now, g'nite!

No comments: